Diwali is considered an auspicious occasion to move into a new home. If you too have moved in a new house recently, festival of Diwali is the best time for you to organize a housewarming party. Here are some tips to host a perfect party that will double up your celebration.
• Decide a theme: selecting a theme will help you to decorate your home according to it and plan a menu that will complement the theme. As it is a festive season, choose bright colors, diyas and lanterns to decorate your home.
- Set a budget: It is very easy to get carried away while hosting a Housewarming party. Especially in a festive season, this party can add up a huge expenditure. Therefore, set a budget beforehand and stick to it no matter what.
- Preserve the memories: Hang a whiteboard on the wall and ask your guests to write their experiences at the party, messages or wishes for you.
- Use flowers: Flowers brings charm and grace at any occasion. Use different types of flowers at your home that will produce the fragrance, warmth and freshness.
- Music, games and firecrackers: Keep the momentum high in your housewarming party with the right type of music and engaging games. Get some firecrackers that will light-up your celebration.
- Return gifts: Select thoughtful return gifts for your guests. Keep in mind that many people exchange gifts during Diwali. So, ditch the mainstream items like vase, tea sets, etc. and give something that your guests will really use and won’t land up in their bed storage.